Halloween is creeping up…and if you are sending out Halloween party invitations, you’ll need some scary snacks and Halloween treats, for all your hungry ghosts and goblins. We found a fantastic sweet and scary snack at Taste of Home. These Ghost Strawberries are sure to be gobbled up at your Halloween party or school event. Here is the recipe per tasteofhome.com:
30 fresh strawberries
8 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
1 teaspoon shortening
1/8 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Wash strawberries and gently pat with paper towels until completely dry.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt white chocolate and shortening at 50% power; stir until smooth.
- Stir in extract.
Dip strawberries in chocolate mixture; place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet, allowing excess chocolate to form the ghosts’ tails.
- Immediately press chocolate chips into coating for eyes.
- Freeze for 5 minutes.
In a microwave-safe bowl, melt remaining chocolate chips; stir until smooth.
- Dip a toothpick into melted chocolate and draw a mouth on each face.
- Makes about , 2-1/2 dozen
Enjoy these ghoulish strawberries!
Shop our incredible collection of Halloween party invitations.