If you are in charge of planning a baby shower, you should start considering baby shower game ideas. There are a number of great shower games to choose from. Check out this list for baby shower game ideas for inspiration. If you still need baby shower invitations, take a look at inviteshop.com for cheap invite options.
Printable Baby Shower Games
Here’s a free printable baby shower game. All you need to do is copy and paste the Baby Word Scramble below into a Word document, add in some baby themed free clip art, then print a copy for each player. Create an answer key and you’re all set. To play, simply unscramble the words. The player with the most correct answers wins. Make this baby shower game more challenging by setting a time limit. Enjoy!
Baby Word Scramble
1. TOLETB, __________________________________
2. LDOL, __________________________________
3. GIHH RIHAC __________________________________
4. ABBY KWALER, __________________________________
5. TOOBIES, __________________________________
6. ABBY BHAT, __________________________________
7. HERETTE, __________________________________
8. REAIDP, __________________________________
9. RARAGICE, __________________________________
10. DACLER, __________________________________
11. UBBERR YUCKD, __________________________________
12. ROLLTERS, __________________________________
13. YOMMM, __________________________________
14. UNSERRY HEMRY, __________________________________
15. TYDED REAB, __________________________________
16. CFREIIAP, __________________________________
17. KTSOR, __________________________________
18. BLUYALL, __________________________________
19. TREATL, __________________________________
20. WEBNONR, __________________________________
3. HIGH CHAIR
4. BABY WALKER
6. BABY BATH
9. BABY SWING
Baby Shower Mad Libs
Mad Libs is a super fun party word game. To play, start by filling in the first list of blanks. Make sure the word you choose matches the description next to it in parenthesis. Then, read through the story below and fill in the blanks by matching its number with a number of one of the keywords. Your guests will have a ball playing this game! The outcomes are very random and hilarious. Print out the suggestions below or create your own.
Baby Shower Mad Libs
- _________________(Name of soon to be Mommy)
- _________________(Verb ending in ing)
- _________________(Plural Noun)
- _________________(Part of Body)
- _________________ (Noun)
Mad Libs Baby Shower Story
1.____________ is anxiously awaiting the arrival of her sweet bundle of joy. She plans to shower her new baby will love, happiness, and care. In honor of 1.__________ we are holding this special baby shower. Traditionally, showers are held for the parent by a 2.___________ friend or family member. Rightly so, 1______________ has been very busy preparing for the baby’s arrival. She’s dedicated most of her time to 3. ____________. An exercise that will keep her mind sharp and ready for when her baby finally arrives.
A new thing people are doing at baby showers these days, is rubbing the soon to be mom’s 9._____________. This strange new etiquette is considered good luck for the baby and soon to be mother. Here’s another baby shower trend. 11.____________ themed party favors. The theme is gaining in popularity. But it’s not quite as popular as the 10.___________ shaped cookie theme that’s been all the rage lately.
Games and activities are a must for any baby shower. Here a few baby shower games and activity ideas we might participate in at this shower.
-Chase the 4.____________ 5.__________. Whoever catches the animal first wins a prize!
-Pin the tail on the 6.____________.
-These games will leave you roaring like a wild 7.__________.
-Serving 12._________ though traditional food may be served.
-Opening gifts in front of friends
Baby Shower Trivia
Everyone loves trivia! Trivia is a perfect game idea for any celebration. It’s also a great way for friends and family members to learn more about the soon to be mom. You can create questions that relate specifically to the expecting family or questions related to babies in general. You guests will really enjoy this party game. Print out the suggested questions below or create new questions of your own.
True and False
Baby Shower Trivia
- When is the eye color set in a baby? a. 6-9 months b. 4-5 months c. 2-4 weeks
- What sense is first developed? a. smell b. taste c. hearing d. sight
- Which group sang the song “Baby Love”? a. ABBA b. The Supremes c. The Beatles
- About what percentage of babies are born on their due dates? a. 3-4 percent b. 20-25 percent c. 25-50 percent
- How many bones are babies born with? a. 260 b. 300 d. 200
- At birth a baby’s eyes are what percentage of an adult’s eye size? a. 100% b. 50% c. 75%
- Which celebirty named their son Sage Moonblood? a. Brad Pitt b. Tom Cruise c. Sylvester Stallone
- Newborn baby’s sleep around how many hours a day? a. 19-20 b.5-10 c. 16-17
- What is Couvade Syndrome? a. sympathetic pregnancy b. early pregnancy issue c. feeding disorder
- Which day of the week are babies most likey to be born on? a. Sunday b. Monday c. Tuesday
- When does a baby get its finger prints? a. as a three month fetus b. at birth c. as a two month fetus
- A pacifier in the UK is called what? a. sucky b. nuckie c. dummy
- Which American president made Mother’s Day a national holiday? a. Franklin Roosevelt b. William Taft c. Teddy Roosevelt
- Which of the following foods was the first produced by Gerber Company in 1928? a. Apple Sauce b. Spinach c. Carrots
True or False
- A baby can recognize the sound of its mother’s voice and smell at birth.
- Babies are borne without kneecaps.
- Babies are borne with natural swimming abilities.
- Babies are borne color blind.
- Babies are unable to cry real, watery tears until a least three months old.
- A new baby’s head accounts for 25% of its entire weight.
- Baby boys and baby girls are typically the same weight when they are born.
- Baby’s are borne with fewer bones than adults.
- A baby has around 10,000 taste buds.
- Babies have short attention spans and can easily be over-stimulated.
- A newborn baby’s heart beats about twice as fast as an adults.
- Pampers diapers used pins up until the 1970s.
- It takes 500 years for a diaper to decompose.
Enjoy Your Celebration!
Hope this list of ideas gave you some baby shower game inspiration! These games will make a nice addition to any party. You can even add personal details or photos to these games to make them more personal. Have fun and be creative while planning your baby shower. You guest will appreciate all the effort and thought you put into the celebration! And, if you still need baby shower invitations, make your own on PurpleTrail.com.