Brunch is one of the greatest meals to host a party with. Start by sending delightful brunch invitations and then start planning you menu. A traditional menu carries both sweet and savory dishes and classic drinks like mimosa’s, bloody, marys of course lots of coffee! Our party experts have put together some great menu ideas, decoration ideas, and helpful tips to help you plan a easy and delightful brunch.
- Plan your menu in advance and do as much prep work the day before so you can really enjoy your guests. A brunch menu with a touch of savory, substantial and sweet is the best combination. Try these great recipe ideas:
- For beverages consider having a traditional brunch cocktail like a mimosa or bloody mary. You’ll want to serve coffee and water as well. If you have an espresso machine, offer up some lattes and cappuccinos for your guests too.
- For decorations, simple generally works best. Think about what compliments the food you are serving. Seasonal cut flowers always make beautiful centerpieces. Bowls of fruit or fresh herb pots are also very beautiful. Consider accenting with tea lights scattered about the table. Be sure to use unscented candles and let your delicious food fill the air.
- If the weather permits, host your brunch outdoors. Let your garden be the beautiful accent to your, brunch menu.
- Another fun idea is to place games in the middle of each table. Things like brain busters or trivia cards are always fun for guests to play while sitting and chatting as they finish their meal.
- If hosting a more formal brunch, seat people who don’t know each other very well next to each other to encourage mingling.
- If you are having kids attend, be sure to have an activity for them to do while the adults are busy chatting and eating.
- Try not to over invite. Be realistic about your space and resources. You want to be able to chat with everyone and enjoy your brunch gathering.
- Play some great background music. Take into consideration who will be attending and play a little something for everyone.
- Don’t worry about clean up right away. Soak pans that really need and pile other dishes in the oven to get them out of the way.
An easy and delightful brunch is just an invitation away. Enjoy!