Barbecue season is upon us. It’s time to start preparing for your summer barbecue celebrations. Gather inspiration from this list of great barbecue decoration ideas, invitation recommendations, and celebration advice.
First, create custom bbq invites to send out, then look to these easy barbecue decoration ideas for your patio or deck space. Our party experts have found some fantastic outdoor barbecue decoration ideas to help you create a fun and festive atmosphere at all your summer gatherings.
Barbecue Party Invitations
Finding the right barbecue party invite is essential to a successful celebration. Take a look at PurpleTrail’s nice selection of barbecue invites for ideas and inspiration. PurpleTrail offers a wide variety of card designs and styles, as well as customization options. Their website customization software gives users the freedom to create a totally custom and unique invitation. You can upload your favorite photos, include custom wording, and create an invitation design from scratch. Your guests will appreciate receiving a unique custom invite.
Barbecue Decoration Ideas
The right barbecue decorations will really make your party a hit. Try incorporating some of these lighting, table decor, and party accessory suggestions in your next barbecue. These decorations are fun, festive, and practical. Remember to be creative, you can make decorations out of almost anything. Have fun decorating!
- Put those jelly and mason jars to some good used. They are the foundation for beautiful candlelight and also summer blooms.
- When putting candles in the jars, try filling, them part way with sand first. It provides a little extra stability for, pillar candles.
- You can wrap them in colored tissue, paper for an added glow. Just make sure the paper doesn’t go all the, way where it could be reached by the flame.
- Pick a great bunch of daisies, lilacs, peonies or whatever your favorite, summer flowers and use the jars as a, vase. Tie a little raffia, or, ribbon around the top, for festive touch.
- You can wrap wire around the top of the jars and create a handle to hang, as lanterns around the yard on shepard’s crooks.
- Nothing says outdoor gathering like a red and white check table cloth
- Oil clothes come in all kinds of designs if prefer something beyond a traditional picnic pattern. They are great for the outdoor tables because the clean up so easily.
- Bandannas are another simple and easy adornment for the table. Layer them down the table as a table runner, use them as napkins, and line baskets to be used for dry foods like buns and chips.
- Use cake plates to pile up sandwiches or to put the burger fixins on. Creating different levels on a buffet table makes for a stylish presentation.
- Use a cardboard beer bottle six pack holder for condiments. Plastic squeeze bottles of ketchup, mustard, and mayo fit perfectly.
- You can also, use them for silverware. Put the silverware in cups and place the cups in the holder.
- Galvanized buckets are a great way to keep canned drinks cool when filled with ice. Create several drink stations by placing a few buckets filled with different drink choices (one for soda, one for water and one for alcoholic drinks).
- A large glass pitcher filled with lemonade makes a great addition to any table (and it’s delicious!)
- Consider purchasing a set of real glasses to be used. Some good plastic, reusable glasses are a good investment and better for the environment than always using disposable. You can find glasses with great summer designs that you can use for years.
- Outdoor lights are a beautiful addition to any patio or deck. You can even add them to low hanging tree branches or bushes.
- Paper lanterns are also a beautiful addition to the backyard. You can buy individual lanterns to hang from tree branches or purchase a string of lanterns to hang from the eves.
- A chiminea or fire pit are great for toast marshmallows or just gathering around as the evening cools down. Burning pinion pine logs also repel mosquitoes.
- Consider getting some all weather over-sized pillows for the deck or patio. Guest will love being comfy and cozy as they sit and chat with friends. These barbecue decoration ideas will be a perfect addition to your cookout adornment.
Food Serving and Decor
- Try topping your food with decorative barbecue picks. You can purchase super cute ones via Etsy.com or create your own. All you’ll need to make your own is toothpicks, paper, and a printer. Find a cute image you like and would like to top your food with. Print it out. Then cut out the images and attach them to your toothpicks. These decorative picks will add color and fun to your celebrations.
- Try creating a handy and stylish condiment holder. All you’ll need for this project is a cardboard six pack carrier, wrapping paper, and rubber cement. Cut out enough wrapping paper to fit around the cardboard six pack carrier. Apply an even coat of rubber cement to the paper and cardboard. Let it stand for a moment, then smooth your paper onto the cardboard. Check out Designsponge.com for more directions and design ideas.
- Learn how to create beautiful paper food baskets on Zakkalife.blogspot.com. This project is really fun and easy. You can create colorful paper basket using card stock paper, glue, and a printer. These baskets will add color to your party and make cleanup super easy.
We hope these barbecue decoration ideas inspired you to throw a memorable summer bash! Have fun putting together your celebration invitation and decorations. Enjoy the experience and host a party your guests will love and remember. For more great cookout ideas take a look at PurpleTrail’s BBQ Tips 101 For Easy Grilling article.