The New Year is here. it is going to be great. Here are the top ten New Year’s resolutions for this year. Choose the ones that are right for you.
1. Save More Money. With the fiscal cliff narrowly averted, we all are reminded that we need to save more and spend less.
2. Exercise Daily. This year, it came out that sitting is the new smoking. Everyone needs to move for 30 minutes everyday.
3. Seize the Day. Life moves quickly and it’s important to slow down and, appreciate all the great things in your life. Take time to spend quality time with those who matter most. Take a few risks and try new things.
4. Keep Learning. One of the best ways to keep your mind healthy is to keep your brain active and always learning new things. It needs to be exercised just like your body.
5. Quit Smoking. This one’s a no brainer. There are lots of programs available and many health insurance plans have a smoking cessation benefit.
6. Eat Organic. The clean fifteen. The dirty dozen. It’s pretty well documented how eating mostly whole, organic foods is better than consuming processed and those grown with pesticides. It can be expensive so find a balance that works for your budget.
7. Get, Organized. A general goal of getting organized may feel overwhelming. Choose specific things to organize. A closet, your checkbook, even your purse or backpack. Start somewhere and see how it spreads!
8. Unplug More. How many dinners with friends have you been to where you look up only to see everyone is engaged with some sort of device. Instead of saying, “I’m so glad we could all get together and look at our phones.” Make an unplugged rule. No phones at meal times. Plan outings that are technology free. You’ll be surprised how good it feels!
9. Volunteer or Give More. We all have something to give. Even if it’s just volunteering to watch your neighbor’s kids so she can go to the grocery store.
10. Lighten Your Footprint. Bike to work one day a week, plant a garden, compost, stop using paper towels, find one way to lessen your footprint and leave the planet a little bit better.
Happy New Year!