As you get ready to send out Thanksgiving Day invitations, consider adding this free printable Thanksgiving trivia party game to your celebration agenda. Test your friend’s and family’s knowledge about all things Thanksgiving. This free printable game will be the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving gathering. It will surely get your guests in the Thanksgiving spirit, while also teaching everyone a few new things about this very special holiday.
Thanksgiving trivia is also great for kids. They will love playing at any holiday celebration, whether it’s at home or at school. To get started, simply cut and paste the Thanksgiving trivia questions into a Word document. Decorate it with some festive Thanksgiving clip art and print a copy for each player. Create and answer key by copying and pasting the answers below into a separate document. To make it more challenging, set a time limit. The player with the most correct Thanksgiving trivia answers wins!
Before you start planning for your Thanksgiving celebration, let us help find the perfect invite to notify your guests. Check PurpleTrail’s beautiful selection of Thanksgiving invitations. Fully customize an invite to include personal family photos, custom wording, and a totally unique card design and layout. Make your invitation extra special this year by adding personal custom touches. Your friends and family members will love receiving a custom invite you invested extra time and interest into. Take a look at our Thanksgiving invites for more ideas and inspiration.
Thanksgiving Trivia Questions
1), In what year did the first Thanksgiving occur? _____________________________________________________________
2), What Indian tribe was at the first Thanksgiving?
3), What country other than the United States celebrates Thanksgiving?
4), Who was the first department store to hold a Thanksgiving Day parade? _____________________________________________________________
5), What is the name of the famous rock where the Pilgrims supposedly landed? _________________________________________________________
6), Which President signed Thanksgiving into Federal holiday status? ______________________________________________________________
7), What does the term cornucopia mean? _____________________________________________________________
8), True or False, it is believed that only 5 women had were present at the first Thanksgiving. ___________________________________
9), How many days did the first Thanksgiving last? _______________________________
10), What utensil was primarily used at that first Thanksgiving? _________________________
Thanksgiving Trivia Answers
1) 1621. The Plymouth colonists and Wampanoag Indians shared an autumn harvest feast which is acknowledged today as one of the first Thanksgiving celebrations in the colonies.
4) Gimbles in Philadelphia, 1920.
5) Plymouth Rock
6) Franklin D Roosevelt
7) Horn of Plenty
8) True. And they cooked the meal!
10) Spoons, forks weren’t invented yet.
Thanksgiving Trivia – Pop Culture
1) Which Thanksgiving movie stars famous comedians John Candy and Steve Martin?
2) How does A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving TV special open?
3) Who is Charles M. Schulz?
4) Which famous SNL comedian is known for singing the Thanksgiving Song?
5) In 1953, someone at Swanson severely overestimated the amount of turkey Americans would
consume that Thanksgiving. The day following the holiday, Swanson had more than 260 tons of
frozen birds to get rid. What convenient frozen dinner product did the company first create with
all of these thanksgiving leftovers?
6) What’s a Turducken?
7) The biggest shopping day of the year follows Thanksgiving. What is it called?
8) Thanksgiving is also an official holiday in Canada. During which month do they celebrate the holiday?
9) Which two NFL football teams are often seen playing on Thanksgiving?
10) What is the name of the Thanksgiving TV special staring a cat who loves to eat lasagna.
1) Trains, Plains, and Automobiles.
2) With Charlie Brown trying to kick a football.
3) The creator of Charlie Brown and Peanuts.
4) Adam Sandler
5) TV Dinners
6) Turkey stuffed with a duck stuffed with a chicken.
7) Black Friday.
9) The Detroit Lions and the Dallas Cowboys
10) Garfield’s Thanksgiving
Happy Turkey Day
Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Enjoy playing these fun Thanksgiving trivia games with your friends and loved ones. Throwing a round of trivia into your party will liven everyone up and get your guests in the mood for thanksgiving. Have a fun turkey day celebration!