If you’ll be serving monster appetites at your Halloween party, try some of our favorite recipes for Halloween drinks, punch, and cocktails! Be sure to also shop our Halloween party invitations as you plan your party.
Ghastly Black Halloween Punch:
- 1 envelope orange kool aid mix
- 1 envelope grape kool aid mix
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3 quarts cold water
- 1 liter ginger ale (well chilled)
- Make a frozen hand using a disposable glove. Start by washing the glove thoroughly with dish soap and water. Turn it inside out and fill with water. Seal the glove closed with a rubber band and freeze until hard. This typically takes about 24 hours.
- Stir together the grape and orange kool aid mixes, sugar and water until solids are dissolved. Combine with chilled ginger ale just before serving.
- Float the frozen hand in the punch bowl for a horrifying effect. To remove the glove from the ice hand, dip the frozen hand briefly in warm water and then peel off the glove.
Halloween Witch’s Brew – Punch Recipes:
(courtesy of foodnetwork.com)
- 1 (6-ounce) package lime gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3 cups chilled pineapple juice
- 1 (2 liter) bottle chilled lemon-lime soft drink or ginger ale
- 2 cups chilled vodka, optional
- Special equipment:
- 1 large black plastic cauldron (available at party or craft stores)
- 1 punch bowl that fits inside the cauldron
- 1 plastic hand (available at party supply stores), sterilized in hot water
- 1 block dry ice (available at supermarkets, ice cream shops or ice companies)
- Pour the gelatin mix into a large bowl.
- Slowly stir in the boiling water. Stir at least 2 minutes, until the gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Stir in the pineapple juice. Let cool to room temperature.
- Wearing heavy duty gloves or using tongs, place the block of dry ice in the bottom of the cauldron. (Dry ice will burn skin, so handle it with gloves and tongs and keep it away from kids and pets!)
- Use an ice pick to break the block into smaller chunks, if necessary.
- Fill the cauldron with just enough water to cover the dry ice. It will begin to “steam.”
- Place the punch bowl inside the cauldron, on top of the dry ice. The cauldron will appear to be magically smoking.
- Entrap the sterilized rubber hand between the cauldron and the punch bowl, squeezing it tight so the hand appears to be reaching out of the mist for help. Hot-glue the hand to the cauldron, if necessary, to hold it in place.
Carefully pour the drink mixture into the punch bowl. Slowly add the chilled vodka and lemon-lime soda or ginger ale. Stir gently to mix.
Black Widow Halloween Cocktail:
- 3 parts vanilla vodka
- 1 part black anise-flavored liqueur (recommended: Sambuca)
- 1 part espresso
- Black licorice, for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, combine all ingredients except the licorice with ice and shake to mix. Serve in a cocktail martini glass.
Bloody Bug Halloween Punch:
- 24 oz Frozen strawberries (thawed)
- 6 oz Frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1 qt Ginger ale, Sprite or 7-up
- 1 c Raisins
Start by mashing the strawberries in a bowl using a fork. In a large pitcher, mix the strawberry mash, lemonade and ginger ale. Place handfuls of raisins (bugs) into tall glasses. Pour the liquid over the bugs, then sit back and watch the bugs and scum rise to the top of each glass. To fill a punch bowl, double or triple this recipe. Place some green glow sticks under, your, Halloween punch-bowl and drape some gummy worms over the rim of the bowl for a creepy swamp effect.
Have Fun Mixing Your Halloween Drinks
Looking for some spooky treats for your Halloween party? Check out the list of our favorite fun and easy Recipes For Halloween!