Brrrr, it’s cold outside! When you’re done playing in the snow or shoveling the walk, warm up inside with a toasty hot chocolate and this fun, free printable holiday game called Winter Word Scramble. Better yet, print off some gorgeous holiday party invitations, and save this exciting puzzle for a mid-party competition. Set a timer and award a prize to the guest with the most correct words, or race to finish and award the fastest unscrambler. This game also works great in a classroom setting for children or teenagers. Check out this great snow day activity for your next event. Make sure to also take a look the the Christmas trivia and fun facts section!
PurpleTrail has all kinds of ideas and inspiration to help you plan your next holiday celebration – from activities to themes, we’ve got you covered! For this printable holiday game, simply copy and paste the word scramble into a Word document, add in some festive winter clip art, and print enough copies for each player. Don’t forget to create an answer key too (provided below). Happy holidays and enjoy!
Holiday Party Invitations
If you’re planning on holding a holiday celebration this year, you’ll need to notify your friends and family with festive holiday party invitations. If you’re in need of great invitations, take a look at PurpleTrail.com. Create a unique custom invitation from scratch, or add custom wording and photos to one of our beautiful design templates. Whichever you choose, your guests will surely love your custom invitations!
Printable Holiday Game – Winter Word Scramble
1. omsnwan _______________________________________
2. iterwn aewldonnrd _______________________________________
3. tho aooclhtec _______________________________________
4. imtntes _______________________________________
5. iddgesln _______________________________________
6. facsr _______________________________________
7. alswfkone _______________________________________
8. eic ikatsign _______________________________________
9. bedcreme _______________________________________
10. osrft _______________________________________
12. podrhul ______________________________________
13. anast sluca_______________________________________
14. eneeridr _______________________________________
15. thewi mirscstah _______________________________________
2. Winter Wonderland
3. Hot Chocolate
8. Ice Skating
13. Santa Claus
15. White Christmas
Everyone loves trivia! A round of trivia will liven up any party. Your guests will enjoy playing and you will likely learn something new about this very special holiday. To play, simply divide your guests into groups and start asking questions. Whichever team answers the most questions correct wins! Provide the winning team with a small prize. Take a look at the questions below to get started. Add additional questions that fit your guests interests and age group. These questions center on events which happened on Christmas day. Good luck!
- In 1991, this famous leader resigned on Christmas Day. After his resignation, the Soviet Union officially dissolved. What was the leader’s name?
- On Christmas Day in 1776, which famous General lead his men across the Delaware River?
- On Christmas Day, during what year did NASA’s Apollo 8 broadcast live from space during their journey around the moon?
- On Christmas Day in 1990, what major network got its first test run?
- On Christmas Day in 1642, which brilliant English scientist was born? He is regarded as one of the most influential scientists of all time and a key figure in the scientific revolution.
- Mikhail Gorbachev
- George Washington
- The internet
- Sir Isaac Newton
Have fun spending the holidays with your friends and family members! Filling your Christmas celebration with fun and games will make it more memorable. In need of more great Christmas game ideas. Look no further! For more PurpleTrail inspiration for your winter wonderland events, take a look at the following links!
- Shop our delightful collection of holiday party invitations
- Check out our other free printable holiday game ideas – Christmas Movie Match-up, Christmas Carol Match-up, and, Hanukkah Trivia
- We’ve got more holiday party game ideas too!
- No matter your celebration style, PurpleTrail has got you covered!