As the holiday cards start to arrive it certainly ’tis the season to be jolly! Find out how much your friends and family know about Christmas with these free printable Christmas trivia. Simply copy and paste the game into a Word document, add in some festive free clip art, and print out a copy for each player. Create an answer key (provided below) too. Set a time limit to make it more challenging. Merry Christmas!
1. After Jesus, Mary and Joseph left Bethlehem, what country did they travel to?
2. What famous Christmas movie is the following line from? “Youll shoot your eye out! Youll shoot your eye out!” _______________________________________________________
3. What are the names of Santas reindeer?____________________________
4. What street does the Miracle take place on in the 1947 film?
5. What country did the real St. Nicholas hail from? ___________________________________
6. True or false, the only female deer to grow antlers are reindeer. _________________
7. What country is Santa Claus know as Sinter Klaas? _________________________________
8. Who directed “Its A Wonderful Life? _________________________________________________
9. Where did the Grinch steal Christmas? _______________________________________________
10. True or false: The New England Puritans forbade Christmas celebrations. _______________________________
2. A Christmas Story
3. Donner, Blitzen, Comet, Dancer, Prancer, Cupid, Vixen, Dasher, and of course Rudolph
4. 34th Street
8. Frank Capra
10. True. The Puritans considered Christmas trees and decorations to be pagan, and outlawed them in Massachusetts until 1859.
Christmas Trivia – Merry Movies and TV Shows
- Who narrated the original 1966 TV show How The Grinch Stole Christmas?
- What was Dr. Seuss’s real name?
- In the Christmas Classic, It’s A Wonderful Life, what happened every time a bell rang?
- Arnold Schwarzenegger searches for what sold-out toy for his son in Jingle All the Way?
- In what movie did the reindeer have to be fitted with replacement antlers?
- True or False. In the movie A Christmas Story Ralphie says,”I wants the Red Ryder BB Gun” 28 times.
- Is it really possible to get your tongue stuck to a piece of cold metal, like in the movie a Christmas story?
- Which Christmas movie involves a scene with a tarantula and Daniel Stern’s face?
- Which Christmas movie won a Guinness World Record for the highest-grossing comedy?
- In which movie does Buddy yell, “Son of a nutcracker!” after being hit with a snowball?
- The song “Silver Bells” first appears in which Bob Hope movie?
- Which hip-hop group contributed a Christmas song to the Die Hard soundtrack?
- In A Charlie Brown Christmas, during Charlie Brown’s psychiatric session with Lucy, he reveals that he has pantophobia. What’s that?
- In A Charlie Brown Christmas, Lucy is kissed once by which character?
- What traditional Christmas carol does the entire Peanuts gang hum, and then eventually sing at the end of the of A Charlie Brown Christmas?
- Boris Karloff
- Theodor Geisel
- An angel got his wings.
- Turbo Man
- Ernest Saves Christmas
- Yes. Mythbusters tested it and found that it’s very possible. Learn more about it on dsc.discovery.com.
- Home Alone
- Home Alone
- The Lemon Drop Kid
- The fear of everything
- Hark the Herald Angel Sing
Christmas Trivia - Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow
- On average, one inch of rain is equivalent to how many inches of snow?
- Can it snow from a clear sky?
- True or false. ‘Champagne powder’, ‘corduroy’ and ‘mashed potatoes’ are terms used by skiers to describe different kinds of snow.
- About what percentage of Earth’s land surface is covered by snow?
- What does Chionophobia mean?
- What is Hoar frost?
- What is Graupal?
- What are Penitentes?
- 10 inches. 10 inches of snow melts down to about 1 inch of liquid rain.
- Yes. Ice crystals sometimes fall from clear skies when temperatures are in the single digits or colder.
- About 12%.
- It means you are terrified of snow.
- Hoar frost is a distinct snow formation which forms on surfaces that is colder than the frost point in the air around them. It also occurs when their is more moisture in the air. This spiky, fluffy snow tends to form on tree branches, telephone wires and other skinny items exposed to the chilly air.
- Graupel forms when snow in the atmosphere encounters supercooled water. The water freezes onto the snowflake and forms small icy pallets, similar to hail.
- Penitentes are re a snow formation found at high altitudes. They take the form of tall thin blades of hardened snow, or ice, closely spaced with the blades oriented towards the general direction of the sun. Penitentes can be as tall as a person.
Have fun playing these Christmas trivia games with your friends and family members! This trivia will entertain your guests and teach them something new about the holiday season. If this trivia isn’t quiet what you’re looking for, try creating your own. Just add in some fun facts and questions about some of your favorite Christmas movies or activities. Create a question and answer sheet and there you have it. Have a wonderful Christmas!