Its winter outside and many people are actually snowed in and/or digging out from the snow. Your kids may be developing cabin fever, and are looking forward to not only spring blooming, but summer break. You can give them a little taste of the fun to come this summer by throwing their winter birthday at the local indoor swimming pool. Send out the pool party invites! It can either be at a hotel, YMCA, or local gym that has an indoor pool and rent it out for kids parties. It should be pretty easy to find a place to hold your event, and easy to put together!
In your pool party, invitation, have the party guests bring their swimsuits, a change of clothes, flip flops, and a towel.
The entire party time will be taken with the kids swimming and playing together in the pool. Hopefully, you will dive right in as well, or have a few parents who are interested in getting in as well, so they can lead some games too:
- Marco Polo
- Hold a Rubber Duck Race. Give each child a rubber duck and have them use their noses to move it to the other side of the pool. First one there wins!
- Play Shark! The birthday kid starts off as the shark and must tag the fish, i.e. the rest of the kids. As they are tagged, they also become sharks. Game is over when the pool is full of sharks!
- Who can make the biggest splash? Make sure to follow poll rules however!
- Place floating toys all throughout the pool, and divide the kids into two teams. Blow a whistle and see which team can gather the most floaters in a two minute time frame.
- Have the kids swim through rings, i.e. hula hoops
- Play Water volleyball
Besides swimming, make sure to have fun pool party food and drinks on hand:
- Juice boxes and small water bottles would be ideas
- Fish Chow, combine popcorn, raisins, gummy fish, and Goldfish crackers, and chocolate chips. Yummy snack.
- Serve small sandwiches cut into little fish shapes and filled with all sorts of favorite fillings.
- Ordering pizza would be an easy option for this party too.
- Have fruits cut up and placed on skewer sticks and yogurt dips available for dipping.
- Serve Blue Jell-O with gummy fish inside the Jell-O.
Send the kids home with a taste of summer: beach balls!
It will certainly be an easy party to pull together and the kids will have loads of fun swimming and playing in the pool during the entire party; only taking a break for party food and cake. Easy and fun!
Submitted by Lisa Kothari