Are you planning for a friend or relative’s baby shower? Let these super unique baby shower games add fun and excitement to your celebration. All are easy to set up and guaranteed to keep your guests happily entertained.
Unique Baby Shower Games
Baby Photo Match-Up
Although this game will take a bit of effort and time to prepare for, it will be a for-sure hit at your baby shower. Get in touch with your guests ahead of time, and ask them if you can make a copy of their cutest baby photo (or a photo of them when they were kids) as well as one of their adult photos. After you’ve collected a photo from almost all of your guests, organize the photos on a sheet of paper. Ask your guests to match the adult photos to the baby photos. Whoever matches the most correctly wins.
Easy Baby Shower Games
What’s Mom Craving?
Although you’ll need to work with the mom of honor ahead of time on this one — it is probably the easiest game to do on the list. Have the mom of honor come up with a list of food she’s found herself craving. Have her describe the food to the guests. Guests can call out what they think the food is. Whoever answers the most questions correct wins. (For example, if mom is craving pickles, she would say she’s craving something crunchy, salty, green, and tangy. And, she would keep going until someone guesses correctly.)
Take a look at the Social Security Administration lists of the most popular baby names by decade. Pass out a sheet of paper to your guests that has four columns: 1970′s, 1980′s, 1990′s, and 2000′s. You can go further and divide the columns up into boy and girl names. Have your guests fill in each column with 10 names that they think were the most popular during those decades. Whoever gets the most names right is the winner.
Baby Shower Trivia
Guess The Baby Animal
Have this list of animal species ready. Ask your guests to guess what the species’ baby name is. Give whoever answers the most correct a small prize. The answers are listed below.
1. Cat 7. Dolphin 13. Fish
2. Owl 8. Donkey 14. Frog
3. Dog 9. Dove 15. Goat
4. Alligator 10. Duck 16.Goose
5. Bear 11. Ferrit 17. Koala
6. Deer 12. Eagle
1. Kitten 7. Pup or Calf 13. Fry or Fingerling
2. Owlett 8. Colt or Foal 14. Tadpole, Polliwog, or Froglet
3. Puppy 9. Squab or Chick 15. Kid or a Billy
4. Hatchling 10. Duckling 16. Gosling
5. Cub 11. Kit 17. Joey
6. Fawn 12. fledgling, eaglet
Names In Music
If the mom and dad of honor are big music fans, and so are the baby shower guests, then this game will work very well for your celebration. Thousands of pop songs have names in their titles. Pick out your favorite ones. Burn them onto a CD or write down a few sentences of each song.
Ask your guests to guess the name of the song (or the name mentioned in the song) either based on the lyrics you’ve given them, or play them a brief segment of the song. Here are a few suggestions you can use for inspiration.
To make things more interesting, you can give players extra points for getting the song title, artist, and name mentioned in the song correctly. Also, the same thing can be done with songs that have “baby” in there title.
1. Oh, ______…. Oh, ______…. Oh, _______… Oh, ________. I had a girl ______ was her name. Since she left me, I’ve never been the same. ’Cause I love my girl _______, where can you be?
2. This is about a boy who grows up angry at his father not only for leaving his family, but for naming him ______. When the boy grows up, he sees his father in a bar and gets in a fight with him. After his father explains that he named him ____ to make sure he was tough, the son understands. (Johnny Cash)
3. You know, I wish that I had _______ girl. I wish that I had ________ girl. Where can I find a woman like that?
4. Hands, touchin’ hands. Reachin’ out, touchin’ me, touchin’ you. Sweet ________…Good times never seemed so good. I’ve been inclined to believe they never would. But now I…
5. Cellophane flowers of yellow and green towering over your head. Look for the girl with the sun in her eyes, and she’s gone. _______ in the sky with diamonds!
1. Donna by Ritchie Valens
2. Boy Named Sue by Johnny Cash
3. Jessie’s Girl by Rick Springfield
4. Sweet Caroline Neil Diamond
5. Lucy In the Sky With Diamonds by The Beatles
General Baby Trivia
Fill everyone in on the facts of life with these interesting baby trivia questions and answers. These fun facts will not only entertain your guests, but they may also teach the soon-to-be parents a few things they didn’t know.
1. True or False, babies are born with survival reflexes.
2. About how many hours a day does the average newborn sleep?
3. When does a newborn usually lose his umbilical cord?
4. True or False, a baby’s eye color at birth is permanent?
5. On average, a newborn’s stomach holds enough food to keep him or her satisfied for how long?
6. How many months should a parent wait until introducing their baby’s to solid food?
1. True. Most of a newborn’s movements are “reflexive” and he or she really has no voluntary control over them, notes the AMA. These movements include the sucking reflex, the grasp reflex, and the startle response.
2. 14-16 hours.
3. By the third week.
4. False. Many babies are born with bluish grayish eyes that darken after time. The eye color becomes permanent at about 3 to 6 months of age.
5. About 3 hours.
6. Solid food is not recommended before at least 6 months.
Good Luck and Have Fun!
Good luck planning your baby shower! Be creative and make sure to enjoy yourself. For more wonderfully unique baby shower game ideas, take a look at: Free Printable Baby Shower Game Ideas and Shower Game Ideas — Fun and Games. Best wishes and happy planning!